Leap Finance Academy’s ‘Financial Modelling & Valuation’ course teaches anyone with intermediate Excel skills to build a complete financial model of any business from scratch.
By the end of the course, you will be an advanced financial modeller and ready to take our next-level course, Private Equity & LBO modelling.
Business financial modelling is a critical skill to have in Corporate Finance as it forms the basis on which decisions are taken. Business financial models are used in a variety of situations: from planning and forecasting the immediate cash need of a business, to putting a price on a target or even assessing whether a merger makes sense. This skill is always in high demand with Investment Banks, Private Equity companies, Consulting companies, the Big 4 and the Corporate Finance departments of larger companies.
You will build a complete financial model from scratch – this hands-on training will equip you with the advanced skills* to perform the following:
- Gathering and analysing relevant financial information on a target company
- Building analytical financial statements, followed by a three-statement forecasting model
- Forecasting each cost element of a business step-by-step: working capital, fixed assets, depreciation, capex, opex, taxation etc.
- Forecasting capital structure: debt and dividends
- Forecasting revenue and cost of goods sold
- Building a discounted cash flow (‘DCF’) valuation of the target
- Doing an Investment Banking ‘Underwriting’ session with scenario-based modelling
This instructor-led certified course consists of 9 subject modules.
* VBA is not required for financial modelling and is not taught in this course.